Wednesday, December 17, 2008

CIMB GROUP WORLD UNIVERSITIES PEACE INVITATIONAL DEBATE 2008!!!

CIMB GROUP WORLD UNIVERSITIES PEACE INVITATIONAL DEBATE 2008!!! - THE GRAND FINALS!
17 Dec 2008, 7.45pm-12am

WHOA~ like the chief judge said about the debate, "It was great!"
the whole night (this evening), for the past 6 hours i attended this WUPID 2008 by the CIMB group. 29 universities from 18 countries joined altogether! just came back from KLCC at KL (duh..) and I am tired but I gotta share this!! It was brilliant.
So, I went with Marissa, who invited me, who was invited by Mr Lee and Ms Lee to attend this. I was wearing a green velvet dress and a black silky shawl. It was supposed to be formal. Anywayz, Mr Lee, his son and Ms Lee came to pick us up at 6 exact at M's house. We chit-chatted a lot in the car since we have not seen each other since holiday started. We reached our destination around 6.50. then we went to Kenny Roger's. M and I already ate our dinner so all we got and shared was a bowl of mashed potato and a glass of iced lemon tea. Quite a big serving, actually.
At 7.30, we entered the auditorium..er, i wasn't observant enough to see what the hall is called. [I know now! It's the Plenary Theatre] Hehe ;) We waited. We saw the poeple from the media. Like NST. He was snap shotting around for a while. Whoa..those flashes.. We waited until 8.15. Then Raja Muda Perak and Puan Muda Perak arrived with VIPs~ The debate started after some short speeches around 5-10 mins later. 4 teams from 4 universities were competing. Monash(1st), Vermont(3rd), Sydney(2nd) and (a uni from the Philipines..i can't catch the name!)(third runner-up). Two speakers in a team. Two teams at the government side and the other two, the opposition. Phew! They spoke incredibly fast~! So fast I always get lost. Haha. The title was something something military forces on somalia pirates. Basically it's just like, one said they are necessary and one said no to violence. Easy explanation huh. So, the debate went on until 9.45 for 8 of the debators. We had a break, as the judges needed time to..ya. Until 10.15. I rushed to the toilet cause yeah, I had to go. Haha.. Why am I getting into this topic? And then we snapped some photos. Ok, at 10.20 they continued. This time with longer speeches (quite interesting and entertaining actually!) from the Group Chief Executive, and Chief judge. And then they gave souvenirs to the judges..announced the top ten best speakers! Took pics.. Grats Tim from Sydney University for being the best speaker. I think he spoke really clear and his pace were much more steadier. Then! The winners were announced! Haha. Already said on top. Whoa..!! The champs got the champ trophy and RM 15k. But seriously, all of them were really really good. Oh, yea. In fact, one of them actually look like Joe Jonas!! Haha.. Not that I am a fan of Joe. But HAHA! The whole thing ended at 11.20pm. Walking back to the car park, we had to walk through the park. Gorgeous! But my feet was quite tired actually cause I had to walk really long, plus, I was wearing high heels. There was M, taking pics. Something happened a while after that as we walked through the door to Suria KLCC building. A guy came in by the other door and the door hit me at the back as I was walking in. Gosh! Didn't he see me??? And I hurt my lil' toe a lil'. LOL. Luckily the pain didn't last long. So, we drove back. The car slightly more slient this time, haaha~. Slight jam on the road near popular hang outs. Actually, I don't really know KL so well. How bad can I be?? Haha. Reached my home at early minutes of 12am. Now, 1am, still writing here!! Btw, lol! M left some things in my bag. And I need to get the pics we took tonight from her. So, obviously I can't post the photos right now. Stay tuned for it. >< (Yawn) Sleepy already! Muscles tight.
Good night!
p.s: my head's not really working right now so i think i will definitely missed some important points here. i will update if i find anything i wanna add! hehe..

No comments: