Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Shatter - 30 Seconds Short Story ;]

--
"You always said you understand me. I always think, do you really understand what I think?"
I stop, breathe out and continue,
"I know. You never really knew me. I.."
A tear slowly flows out from my right eye. I try to continue, but I am lost for words.
"Sorry.." he whispers. I place my gaze somewhere else. I can't bear to look straight into his eyes.
"I have to go." I tell him. I turn away and start walking. By then, fireworks of new year are being shot out. I am glad for my cries and sobs will not be heard.
I am happy, I think. For everything that has been cleared up. We will go our separate ways. For now and maybe till the end.
Let all our happy and sweet memories, be memories.

Two blocks away now, I have walked.
I look into the sky decorated with colours of magic.
I put a smile, wishing and praying,
"Please make tomorrow a better day for me and him," and continue to walk in the cold air of midnight.
--

copyrighted!

No comments: